RV Adventure

Goodbye House; Hello Adventure

moving day coffee

Apart from the birth of my firstborn, this past week may have been the craziest, busiest week of my life. At this point last week, I was in the midst of a three-day marathon packing race. Then on Saturday, we rented a Uhaul and moved all our stuff with the help of some generous friends. And on Sunday, we left the kids with my parents so we could go back and clean the house before the buyers’ walk-through.

beau sick getting better

On Monday, we began unpacking boxes of kitchen stuff and clothes, and ended the night with a 3-hour trip to the ER for little Beaudozer. I’m grateful my parents met us there, but we were all quite exhausted after getting home at midnight. Tuesday morning (after limited sleep), we made the trek back to Kennesaw for closing day while my dad kept Beau. We grabbed some quick BBQ for lunch, squeezed in final haircuts for James and James Michael, then headed to the closing attorney’s office. My driver, who will remain unnamed, was pulled over for speeding in a school zone 15 minutes before our closing, but luckily eeked out with just a warning and we arrived at closing with one minute to spare. When the officer asked if the address on his license was correct, we replied that it was for roughly 15 more minutes!

closing day sold

The closing went off without a hitch, thankfully. But in my haze of moving, mom brain and lack of sleep, I managed to give the new owners the wrong key to the house. So as we were halfway back to the Lake House in Gainesville, we had to turn around to give them the correct key, which put our total driving time for the day at 6 hours. I’m quite certain the new owners think we are crazy and are so glad to be done with the buying process. I can’t blame them!

We are still settling into the Lake House. James set up his home office in the basement and I’ve placed most of our furniture in the upstairs. Of course, I may have overloaded the tiny washer and dryer, and I’m just crossing my fingers they still work. And today the sink is leaking. I’m hoping that one isn’t my fault, but just the wear and tear of an older home. Apparently, our family of five makes quite an imprint wherever we live.

roper park

We took a little break from getting settled in this morning and enjoyed some much-needed fresh air at a park just a mile away. It did us all so much good. So far, the kids are adjusting quite well, and we should get some decent sleep once Beau is on the mend.

Selling our home marked a big check off the to-do list before hitting the road for our RV adventure. We’re guessing it will be roughly 4-6 weeks until we leave. James is running another Atlanta Affiliate League event at the end of the month and is determining what direction to take his new Spider Chalk business. In May, we’ll start the hunt for our RV!



I'm a full-time wife and semi-stay-at-home mom to four young kids. Day to day, I help my husband with his small business, but when I have any extra time, you can find me cooking or being active outdoors with my family. We live at the foothills of the North Georgia mountains and are embracing modern homesteading month by month.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *