There’s not much I need to say to introduce Chicken Fajitas, sans the tortillas. They’re tasty; they’re healthy; they’re mexican.
Paleo Chicken Fajitas
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 onion
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp lime juice
1. Slice bell peppers, zucchini, squash and onion in thin strips lenghtwise and place in saute pan.
2. Add 1/2 tsp crushed garlic, dash of salt and 2 tbsp olive oil on heap of veggies.
3. Saute for 10 to 12 minutes, until onions are transparent.
4. While veggies saute, trim chicken breasts and cut into fajita strips.
5. Turn indoor grill to 225 degrees.
6. Place chicken strips in small mixing bowl, and add spices, lime juice and 1 tbsp olive oil. Mix with your hands until chicken is evenly coated.
7. Place strips on grill and cook 2 to 3 minutes before flipping.
Plate your sauteed veggies and top with chicken. Garnish with avocado, if desired.
This dish has lots of flavor. You won’t even miss the tortillas. If you like yours spicy, add some cayenne pepper to the chicken when you baste it.