Last night, we had our inaugural fall cookout at CrossFit Addiction. James sported his UGA apron, and manned the grill in between eating, which was quite often.
Meat and testosterone were in abundance.
And someone had the nerve to bring buns–so I had to snap a picture for proof. Well aware of their faux pas, it looks as though they attempted to hide them in a grocery bag.
A lot of members, and even past members, showed up to eat meat and socialize.
I even managed to sneak in a burger, despite my role as paparazzi for the night.
And Canadian Annie’s kids managed to find new ways to use our gym equipment.
I provided dessert for the evening, in the form of Paleo Brownie Bites. Mmmmm…
Paleo Brownie Bites
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
1. First, add nut butters to mixing bowl. We all know what this looks like; no need to spell it out 🙂
2. Then add agave nectar, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla. And beat roughly two minutes, or until smooth.
3. Slowly beat in cocoa, salt and baking soda.
And right after this is when my camera died. I tried the batteries from our working sound system and our wireless keyboard. But apparently this camera requires so much energy that those batteries weren’t enough.
5. Grease baking pan. I used a mini muffin tin. But feel free to use an 8×8 dish.
6. Bake mini muffins at 325 for 10 to 12 minutes. If you’re using the 8×8 dish, check the brownies at 20 minutes to see how they’re progressing.