First off, let me say that I’ve already been completely overwhelmed with gratitude, and I’m only 21 weeks into this pregnancy!
Not only am I excited about this new path in life, but so many others are excited for me as well. I’ve received a slew of gifts already, which have left me amazed at the outpouring of support and genuine excitement.
During the CrossFit Games three weeks ago, I made this treat to bring to a gym cookout and viewing of the games. It was quite a sweet treat, so next time I might cut back on the honey and coconut sugar a bit.
Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Icing
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate (4 squares)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. In saucepan over medium heat, melt baking chocolate, butter and coconut oil.
3. Transfer mixture to medium mixing bowl, and beat in remaining ingredients.
4. Grease baking pan, then pour in cake batter.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for roughly 25 minutes.
6. While cake is cooling, beat icing ingredients in small bowl until smooth.
7. Ice cake once it has cooled, and enjoy!