Last week, I spotted a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes from Against All Grain and I knew I had to make my own, simpler version…because who doesn’t like anything buffalo chicken?
I vehemently abhor both ranch dressing and mayonnaise–always have, always will. So I set out to create a similar recipe with less ingredients taking less time, because I’m determined to build a decent recipe file of Easy RV Meals before we set off for our RV trip in a couple months.
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
By January 25, 2016Published:
A super simple yet tasty recipe I'm adding to my list for easy RV meals. Adapted from a recipe by Against All Grain.
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 3 celery stalks (finely diced)
- 3 carrots (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 pound chicken breasts (salt and peppered)
- 1/2 cup plain full-fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup red pepper hot sauce (I used Frank's)
- baked sweet potatoes
- Using medium saucepan, saute celery and carrots in butter on medium heat until tender, roughly 12 minutes. Remove from heat.
- At the same time, saute chicken in covered pan or skillet for 4-6 minutes on each side. (Check to make sure chicken is fully cooked.)
- After the chicken has partially cooled, dice it into small cubes and place in saucepan with vegetables.
- Stir in yogurt and hot sauce, and spoon atop baked sweet potatoes.
- Garnish with cheese, avocado or ranch/blue cheese dressing.
- Course: Entrée