A few of my co-workers just joined Weight Watchers. From what I hear, it’s a fairly successful program. I was astounded, and proud, of the weight they dropped their first week. So to celebrate their success, I offered to give them a break by cooking them a Weight Watchers breakfast (ranging from 4 to 6 points, of course).
When I started thinking about what to make, a tasty dish with eggs and bacon immediately came to mind. But when I looked up these items on the Weight Watchers scale, I realized that two plainly scrambled eggs and one piece of bacon maxed out my limit of 6 points.
So, back to the drawing board. What can I make that keeps these weight watchers on track, but steers clear of my personal shirking of gluten and white sugar?
Then it came to me! Chocolate Almond Stack with Cream Cheese Fruit Filling! It sounds like a mouthful–and it tastes like one, too.
Chocolate Almond Stack with Cream Cheese Fruit Filling
Makes 8 servings at 5 WW points each.
- 4 oz. almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 tbsp raw honey
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
1. Set out cream cheese so that it reaches room temperature and preheat griddle to 250 degrees. If you don’t have a griddle, you can use a stovetop pan.
2. In mixer, blend almond flour, eggs, egg whites, coconut milk, shredded coconut, cocoa powder and vanilla.
3. Pour small circles on hot griddle.
4. Cook until you see bubbles rising, then flip and let cook 1 more minute.
5. Meanwhile, blend cream cheese and honey in small bowl.
6. Lay crepe in ramekin. Spread dollop of cream cheese mixture, then top with strawberries.
7. Repeat for second layer.
8. Lay third crepe and spread cream cheese mixture, then top with blueberries.
And just to make sure I use every last point, I cooked bacon to go along with their meal. I mean, who doesn’t love bacon?! If you’re counting, add 1 more WW point for a slice of bacon.