It’s no secret I love my ramekin sets. I mean, sometimes, presentation is everything. And also, these 8-oz. (to the brim) containers are the perfect serving size for me–and James simply has to double or triple them for his normal serving. And I also managed to purchase both sets of four at Homegoods for roughly $6 each. How can anyone say no to that?!
So Monday night, after PRing in CrossFit Total (small pat on back), I came home to limited ingredients, but staples in our household. I really believe that regardless of what you have in your pantry or fridge, you can always come up with something tasty if you throw in some eggs.
- 1 lb hot breakfast sausage
- 1 onion
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1. Brown sausage.
2. Dice onion and add to sausage. Saute until onions become transparent.
4. Add in halved grape tomatoes and sauté for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. In medium mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, pepper, salt and garlic powder.
7. Whisk in shredded cheese.
8. Then add in sauté mixture and quickly stir.
9. Place mixture in greased ramekins. Mine fit perfectly in 8 one-cup ramekins.
10. Sprinkle cheese on top, and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
Super tasty! And the hot sausage really gives it a kick.
Tags: paleo + dairy