A couple weeks ago, make that a month ago, I posted some recipes that I wanted to test out. One such curious recipe was for cauliflower crust pizza. I tried out this crust recipe from Recipe Girl a couple weeks ago and it was delicious!
The rich flavor blew me away, so I knew that it wouldn’t be long before I tried my hand at another. I tweaked Recipe Girl’s recipe a bit to make a mega pizza, because we do things in mega-style in my house.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup mozzerella
- 1/4 cup parmesan
1. Rice cauliflower using food processor. Or, if you’re the ambitious type, you can do it by hand.
2. Place riced cauliflower in large bowl and microwave for 10 minutes, and set aside and let cool for 5 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
4. Mix in remaining ingredients, then spread on a greased large baking sheet.
5. Cook for roughly 20 minutes, until crust begins to brown.
6. Remove crust and top with your choice of toppings. Here’s your chance to get creative. For one side of my pizza, I layered with pesto, mozzerella then sauteed green veggies (zucchini, broccoli, asaparagus, kale) and crumbled bacon. For the other side, I went with the classic of ground beef and marinara with mozzerella and turkey pepperoni on top.
7. Bake for 10 more minutes.