Happy Birthday Gretchen! Turning 30 is a big deal, that’s why I’ve chosen to make you carrot cupcakes, sans gluten and sans white sugar. This way, you can continue on your CrossFit journey without a major setback if you happen to gobble down eight of these.
Paleo-ish Carrot Cupcakes
- 3 cups almond flour
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese
- 3/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 325 and set out cream cheese so that it reaches room temperature.
2. Use food processor to create almond flour.
3. In large mixing bowl, blend almond flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
4. Blend in eggs, oil and agave.
5. Shred carrots using food processor, then add them to the mixture, along with pecans, and blend.
6. Using 1/4 measuring cup, pour mixture into cupcake baking cups. Makes roughly 21 cupcakes.
7. Bake at 325 degrees for 16 to 18 minutes.
8. Clean kitchen while they cook.
9. To prepare icing, blend cream cheese and agave in mixing bowl until smooth.
10. Gradually blend in whipping cream.
11. Stick icing bowl in fridge, wait for cupcakes to cool and lick beaters.
13. Once cupcakes are cooled, ice them and garnish with cinnamon and chopped pecans.
Happy Birthday Gret! May this next year bring you the very best of happiness, health, and fortune.