I haven’t had much time for recipe creation during the past few months, so I’ve relied heavily on others’ recipes and a few of my trusted old ones. Thought I’d share a few of my favorites:
- Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes: I added cocoa to the batter to make it chocolatey as well. This icing is delicious. Not strict paleo because of the icing, but a great alternative to regular cupcakes.
- Brussels Sprouts & Butternut Squash with Bacon Vinaigrette: loooooooved this recipe. A paleo dream. I didn’t have chesnuts on hand, but it was still amazing.
- Zucchini Noodles: We typically make spaghetti using spaghetti squash, but zucchini noodles were a nice change. I topped them with sauteed turkey kielbasa and marinara. I actually sauteed my noodles, and I’ve also heard of microwaving them.
- Brussels Sprouts with Gin, Pancetta, Caraway, and Sherry Vinegar: Obviously, I’ve been on a Brussels Sprouts kick lately. I’ve mixed this recipe up a bit by using bacon and apple cider vinegar–still amazing.
- Baked Fish with Spinach: April from the gym reminded me of this recipe a couple months. I’ve made it twice during the past month, and it’s still just as good as the first time I made it.
- Fish Sticks: No big secret here, but I dredge pieces of cod in egg, then a mixture of almond meal, coconut flour, garlic salt and black pepper, and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or so on an oiled cookie sheet.
- Honey-Pepper Bacon Pops: Made these for a CrossFit baby shower, and yum, who can resist bacon?!?
Recipes to try soon:
- Berry Crumble: Yum yum yum. I’m wanting to try this using strawberries and blackberries.
- Paleo Granola Bars
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust: still deciding between recipes: No. 1 or No. 2. I normally make paleo pizza out of almond meal, egg whites, salt and herbs.
- Carrot Cake Cookie Bars
- Spinach Sweet Potato Egg Nests
- Stuffed Pork Tenderloin: My friend Lauren recommended this recipe and said it was delicious.
Mahi mahi with mango salsa: It’s been more than a year since I’ve made this salsa, and now that mangoes are coming into season, I can’t wait to make it again.