Whether I eat it first thing in the morning, at lunchtime or at dinnertime, breakfast is one of my most favorite meals. My breakfast meals are typically easy, and always include elements of savory and sweet.
Many of you at Crossfit Addiction have asked for a Paleo Pancake recipe, so here’s a strictly paleo version. Sometimes I blend in cottage cheese and shredded coconut, and skip the banana. But this recipe below is tried and true. Enjoy and have fun experimenting with variations!
Chocolate Banana Paleo Pancakes for Two
- 3 eggs
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond meal
1. Preheat griddle to 250 degrees and add eggs to blender.
2. Peel ripe or over-ripe banana, and add to blender.
3. Add in vanilla and cocoa powder.
4. Then add almond meal.
5. Blend mixture until smooth.
6. Pour on griddle. Makes 6 pancakes every time for me. If you don’t have a griddle, just heat up a saute pan on your stove top.
7. Flip once bubbles rise through pancakes. Be gentle with them–I use an oversized flipper to avoid the pancakes splitting. But even if this happens, they taste just as great.
After a minute or two, they’re done! Use maple syrup, raw honey, apple butter or fruit as a topping.